2013-2014 Investment Plan for the Alternative and Renewable Fuel and Vehicle Technology Program
Docket Number: 12-ALT-02
Lead Commissioner overseeing this proceeding:
Assembly Bill 118 (Núñez, Chapter 750, Statutes of 2007), created the Alternative and Renewable Fuel and Vehicle Technology Program. The statute, subsequently amended by AB 109 (Núñez, Chapter 313, Statutes of 2008), authorizes the California Energy Commission to develop and deploy alternative and renewable fuels and advanced transportation technologies to help meet the state's goals for reducing greenhouse gas emissions and petroleum dependence in the transportation sector.
The Energy Commission has an annual program budget of approximately $100 million to support projects that:
- Develop and improve alternative and renewable low-carbon fuels.
- Optimize alternative and renewable fuels for existing and developing engine technologies.
- Produce alternative and renewable low-carbon fuels in California.
- Decrease, on a full fuel cycle basis, the overall impact and carbon footprint of alternative and renewable fuels and increase sustainability.
- Expand fuel infrastructure, fueling stations, and equipment.
- Improve light-, medium-, and heavy-duty vehicle technologies.
- Retrofit medium- and heavy-duty on-road and non-road vehicle fleets.
- Expand infrastructure connected with existing fleets, public transit, and transportation corridors.
- Establish workforce training programs, conduct public education and promotion, and create technology centers.
The California Energy Commission must prepare and adopt an Investment Plan for the Alternative and Renewable Fuel and Vehicle Technology Program to determine the funding priorities and opportunities and describe how program funding will be used to complement other public and private investments. More about the Investment Plan...
For more questions about the 2013-2014 Investment Plan, please contact:
Emerging Fuels & Technologies Office
Fuels & Transportation Division
California Energy Commission
Media & Public Communications Office