Non-California Energy Commission Programs Related to AB 758
- City of Berkeley Residential Energy Conservation Ordinance (RECO) (adopted 1987): requires residential and commercial spaces to comply with the requirements of the ordinance at time of sale or transfer of property, renovation, or participating in Berkeley FIRST program.
- City of San Francisco RECO, (since 1982): requires residential property owners to provide certain energy and water conservation measures prior to sale, at time of metering conversion, or at time of major improvement.
- C.A.R.'s REALTOR®'S Energy Audit Program: provides rebates on HERS home energy audits conducted by certified HERS raters, on homes purchased between Oct. 1, 2010 and Dec. 31, 2011.
- Investor Owned Utility (IOU) and Publicly Owned Utility (POU) residential and commercial energy efficiency and financing programs (2010 - 2012)
- Department of Energy (DOE) Recovery through Retrofit programs:
- Federal tax credits for energy efficiency upgrades
- DOE BetterBuildings program