California Energy Commission News Room
The Media and Public Communications Office provides information to the general public and news media on the Energy Commission, its programs, California's energy system, future energy needs, energy's impacts on climate change, energy R&D, renewable energy, energy efficiency, alternative fuel vehicles, licensing of power plants and other energy-related issues.
Besides their regular duties at the Energy Commission, public information officers from the Commission are occasionally "loaned" to and work with the Governor's Office of Emergency Services (OES) during emergencies. PIOs have worked on earthquakes, floods, fires and civil disturbances, augmenting OES's staff in responding to the news media and general public.
Other M&PCO duties include editing and publication of Commission documents and graphical services to Commission divisions and offices.
- News Releases
- California Energy Almanac (Facts and Stats)
- Calendar of Energy-Related Events and Activities in California
- Commission Business Meetings
- Webcasts of Meetings
- List Servers (Automated E-mail Lists)
- Energy Glossary
For more information, please contact:
Deputy Executive Director for Strategic Planning and Media
Media and Public Communications Office
California Energy Commission
1516 Ninth Street, MS-29
Sacramento, CA 95814
Commission Media Links
Other Places to Visit
- Governor's Office News Room
- Calif. Resources Agency News Room
- U.S. Department of Energy News Room
- California Environmental Protection Agency News Room
- California Independent System Operator
- California Public Utilities Commission News Room
- Dept. of Conservation - Division of Oil, Gas, and Geothermal
- Go Solar California!