Appliance Efficiency Program
Manufacturers must certify appliance efficiency data to the Energy Commission in order to comply with state law.
Compliance - Go here for information on our compliance program, to certify appliance data, or apply for approval of a test laboratory or third party certifier.
Enforcement - Go here for information on our enforcement program, to report a violation, or to respond to an enforcement letter.
Reporting a violation via fillable PDF.
Outreach - Go here for outreach and education materials such as flyers, brochures, reports, and FAQs.
Appliance Efficiency Database
- Special equipment certification under Title 24
For Air Economizers, Air-to-Water Heat Pump Systems, Economizer Fault Detection and Diagnostics, Intermittent Mechanical Ventilation Systems, Low Leakage Air-Handling Unit, and Occupant Controlled Smart Thermostats
Proceedings & Rulemakings
Enforcement Rulemaking - (Docket #12-AAER-1)
2014 Appliance Efficiency Regulations
These regulations were adopted by the Energy Commission on February 12, 2014.
Effective July 1, 2014
- Report Noncompliance
- Voluntary California Quality LED lamp Specification
- Residential Appliance Saturation Survey
- Historical Appliance Listings
- Subscribe to Listserv
- Get Additional Help
- ENERGY STAR
- Multi-State Appliance Collaborative
- Engage 360 Rebates & Incentives
- Consortium for Energy Efficiency
- Consumer Energy Center
- U.S. Department of Energy
- California Public Utilities Commission