Appliance Efficiency Program
Manufacturers must certify appliance efficiency data to the Energy Commission in order to comply with state law.
Compliance - Go here for information on our compliance program, to certify appliance data, or apply for approval of a test laboratory or third party certifier.
Report Noncompliance (PDF)
Report a violation via the fillable Appliance Efficiency Enforcement Intake Form.
Outreach - Go here for outreach and education materials such as flyers, brochures, reports, and FAQs.
There Are No Upcoming Events Available
2016 Appliance Efficiency Regulations
Regulations for Computers, Computer Monitors, and Signage - Adopted December 14, 2016.
Notice to Manufacturers of Consumer Battery Chargers to Archive Noncompliant Models Posted November 16, 2016
Residential Cooking Regulatory Advisory Posted September 28, 2016
Battery Charger Update: notice of compliance to new DOE test procedure to Calif. Regulations Posted September 16, 2016
Toilet, Urinal, and Faucet Regulations were adopted on April 8, 2015 and are effective January 1, 2016
Appliance Efficiency Database
- Appliance Efficiency Rulemakings
- Historical Regulations, Rulemakings, & Proceedings
- Appliance Efficiency Program Bulletins & Announcements
- 2016 California Quality LED Lamp Specifications 3.0 (16-AAER-04)
- Residential Appliance Saturation Study
- MAEDBS Enhancements and Updates
- Subscribe to Listserv
- Contact Us
- Webinar Documents
- ENERGY STAR
- Multi-State Appliance Collaborative
- Engage 360 Rebates & Incentives
- Consortium for Energy Efficiency
- Consumer Energy Center
- U.S. Department of Energy
- California Public Utilities Commission