Current Solicitations for the California Energy Commission's
Energy Research and Development Division
- Buildings End-Use Energy Efficiency
- Building Natural Gas Technology (BNGT) Grant Program
- Emerging Technology Demonstration Grant (ETDG) Program
- Energy Technology Systems Integration
- Industrial/Agricultural/Water End-Use Energy Efficiency Research Area
- Renewable Energy Research Area
- Transportation Research Area
Building Natural Gas Technology (BNGT) Grant Program
Program Opportunity Notice - PON-13-503
Date Released: December 4, 2013.
Deadline to Submit Abstracts (Stage 1) - February 3, 2014 by 3:00 p.m.
Deadline to Submit Proposals (Stage 2) - April 11, 2014 by 3:00 p.m.
Stage 1 Results. Posted March 5, 2014
Solicitation Files. (PDF, MS Word, MS Excel files)
Addendum 1 - Revised Attachment #6. Posted January 30, 2014.
Questions and Answers. Posted December 27, 2013
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Energy Innovations Small Grant (EISG) Program
Industrial/Agricultural/Water End-Use Energy Efficiency Research Area
Program Opportunity Notice PON-13-501
2013 Emerging Technology Demonstration Grant Program
(ETDG III-Natural Gas)
Notice of Proposed Awards (PDF file posted March 3, 2014)
Date Released: October 9, 2013.
Deadline to Submit 6 page Abstracts (Stage 1) - December 3, 2013 by 3:00 p.m.
Deadline to Submit Applications (Stage 2) - January 30, 2014 by 3:00 p.m.
Stage 1 Results. Posted December 30, 2013
- Solicitation Files. (PDF, MS Word, MS Excel files)
October 17, 2013
- Questions and Answers. Posted November 4, 2013
- Workshop Presentation.
- Workshop List of Participants.
Buildings End-Use Energy Efficiency
Program Opportunity Notice (PON-13-301)
Developing a Portfolio of Advanced Efficiency Solutions: Technologies and Approaches for More Affordable and Comfortable Buildings
Documents for this solicitation been moved to the EPIC Contracts page. All future EPIC PONs will appear on that page.
Renewable Energy Research Area
Program Opportunity Notice PON-13-502
Joint Renewable Energy and Advanced Generation, and Energy-Related Environmental Research, Development and Demonstration
Notice of Proposed Awards - Posted February 27, 2014
- Solicitation Files. (PDF, MS Word and Excel files).
- Addendum 1 cover letter, date posted: November 15, 2013.
Revises Application Manual, and Attachment 1 (See Solicitation Files)
- Addendum 2 cover letter, date posted: December 4, 2013.
Revises “Key Activities and Dates” table, page 5 of the Application Manual (See Solicitation Files)
- Pre-Application Presentation
- Pre-Application Workshop Participants - Combined list from the October 22 and 24
- Questions and Answers. Posted November 6, 2013.
There will be two Pre-Application Workshops:
October 22, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. in Sacramento and via webcast.
October 24, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. in Diamond Bar and via webcast.
Deadline to Submit Applications - December 20, 2013, by 3 p.m.
Transportation Research Area
Program Opportunity Notice PON-13-506
Natural Gas Engine-Hybrid Electric Research and Development
Date released: February 26, 2013.
Deadline to Submit Applications: April 18, 2014 by 3:00 p.m.
Solicitation Files (MS Word and Excel files).
- Addendum 1 cover letter, date posted: March 17, 2014.
Updates page 8 and 9 of the application manual
(See Solicitation Files)
- Addendum 2 cover letter, date posted: March 28, 2014.
The purpose of this addendum is to update and clarify the following information on Pages 8 and 9 of the Application Manual:
(See Solicitation Files)
Pre-Application Workshop: March 14, 2014
PIER Contractors' General Information
PIER Royalties Worksheets
ETAP Royalties Worksheets
PIER Project Report Style Manual
PIER Program Sole / Single Source Contract Procedures
EPIC Terms and Conditions
- University of California (under development)
- Department of Energy (DOE)(under development)
PIER Terms and Conditions
- Invoicing Template (MS Excel file, 2.4 megabytes)
Contact information for the Energy Commission's Contracts, Grants and Loans Office is contained within each solicitation.