How to participate in WREGIS
Yahoo Groups' list servers have been established to facilitate communication among members of the committees and provide a means for interested stakeholders to monitor and comment on committee work products. The Yahoo Groups website for each of the committees will maintain a complete set of working documents, archive of all messages, calendar of meetings and events, and an area for posting links and other background documents.
If you have previously signed up for a committee, your name has been added already to the Yahoo Groups list serve for that committee. You will receive an e-mail confirming your participation in the committee list server. Please note that some e-mail spam filters may block e-mail from Yahoo Groups. If you did not receive an e-mail confirming your status on the committee list server or are uncertain about your status, please follow the link or send a blank e-mail to the appropriate address below, and we will confirm your status.
The following four lists are open for anyone to access or join. You may sign up for any or all of the list servers.
1.WREGIS-WG - Working Group
- The Yahoo Groups' list server functions as the primary method of communication to all stakeholders involved in the development of WREGIS. It is being used to distribute the various reports and documents being produced by committees. If you have an interest in monitoring the development of WREGIS or commenting on documents and recommendations, you should sign up for this list server at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WREGIS-WG/
- Join the list server by going to the following URL: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WREGIS-WG/join
or send an e-mail to
2.WREGIS-IC - Institutional Committee
- The Institutional Committee is responsible for providing recommendations on the institutional structure, legal requirements, and governance policies necessary to create an institution to support and maintain the on-going operations of WREGIS. This Committee will deliberate on a list of institutional questions and make recommendations back to the larger WREGIS Working Group by April 2004.
- Access the list server at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WREGIS-IC/
- Join the list server by going to the following URL: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WREGIS-IC/join or send an e-mail to WREGIS-ICfirstname.lastname@example.org
3.WREGIS-ORC - Operational Rules Committee
- The Operational Rules Committee is responsible for drafting specific technical recommendations regarding WREGIS operational issues. This Committee is responsible for drafting the Interim and Final Operating Rules for WREGIS and refining the scope of work needed to develop a solicitation for a contractor to develop the software to run WREGIS. Once a solicitation document is issued and a contractor is selected, the Operational Rules Committee will continue to work on refining operational recommendations in cooperation with the software contractor. The Operational Rules Committee will meet throughout the development of the Final Operating Rules. The Operational Rules Committee meets weekly via conference calls to develop recommendations. The topics to be covered each week are noticed via the list server. Anyone interested in a particular topic may join the conference call and provide input.
- Access the list server by going to the following URL: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WREGIS-ORC/
- Join the list server by going to the following URL:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WREGIS-ORC/join or send an e-mail to
4.WREGIS-DISC - Data Interface Sub-Committee
- The Data Interface Sub-Committee is responsible for identifying how renewable generation data will be collected, verified, and included in WREGIS from different sources in the WECC. The Committee is also tasked to determine the level of accuracy of generation data, the standard of uniformity of generation data, and the protocols for accessing the data for inclusion in WREGIS. The Data Interface Sub-Committee meets via conference calls to develop recommendations. The topics to be covered in each conference call are noticed via the list server. Anyone interested in a particular topic may join the conference call and provide input.
- Access the list server at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WREGIS-DISC/
- Join the list server by going to the following URL: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WREGIS-DISC/join or send an e-mail to WREGIS-DISCemail@example.com
Please also note: These "Yahoo" groups are not managed by the Energy Commission Web Team. Please do not direct questions or problems with these news groups to the Energy Commission's web staff. Thank you.