Research Focus Areas
Energy Technology Systems Integration Research Policy Context
Energy Technology Systems Integration (ETSI) Research is performed in accordance with Section 25620 of the California Public Resources Code. Specific legislation regarding ETSI includes:
- Senate Bill 1250 (pdf): Increase energy efficiency; increase renewable energy.
- Energy Action Plan: Increase energy efficiency, renewable energy, and clean fossil generation; improve infrastructure.
- Assembly Bill 32: An increase in statewide renewable energy generation to 33% by 2020.
- Senate Bill 1565 (pdf): Requires that the Energy Commission adopt a strategic plan for the state's electric transmission grid.
- Assembly Bill 1925 (pdf): Report on how state can accelerate adoption of Carbon Capture and Storage for industrial CO2.
- Assembly Bill 2514 (pdf): Assessing the need for and amount of energy storage required to support the efficient operation of the California grid.
For more information on Energy Commission policy, please see the following: