AES Highgrove Power Plant Licensing Case
06-AFC-02 (Application For Certification)
Project Status: Terminated: February 4, 2010.
Committee that oversaw Original Licensing Proceeding:
Anthony Eggert, Commissioner, Presiding Member
Jeffrey D. Byron, Commissioner, Associate Member
Hearing Officer: Paul Kramer
- May 25, 2006 - Application for Certification (AFC) filed with California Energy Commission
- July 19, 2006 - Commission accepts Application for Certification (AFC) as complete.
- July 31, 2009 - Order Suspending Proceeding.
- February 2, 2010 - Company files request to withdraw project.
- February 4, 2010 - Committee issues order terminating proceeeding.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT
The AES Highgrove Project was a proposed 300-megawatt (MW) peaking power plant facility consisting of three natural-gas-fired turbines and associated equipment. The facility was to be located at 12700 Taylor Street, in an industrially zoned area in the City of Grand Terrace, San Bernardino County, on the site of a power plant formerly owned by Southern California Edison (SCE). The project was going to consist of demolition of the old plant and constructing the new Highgrove facility on property that was once used by the former generating station for fuel oil storage.
Energy Commission Facility Certification Process
The California Energy Commission is the lead agency (for licensing thermal power plants 50 megawatts and larger) under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and has a certified regulatory program under CEQA. Under its certified program, the Energy Commission is exempt from having to prepare an environmental impact report. Its certified program, however, does require environmental analysis of the project, including an analysis of alternatives and mitigation measures to minimize any significant adverse effect the project may have on the environment.
For Questions About This Siting Case Contact:
For Questions About Participation In Siting Cases Contact:
California Energy Commission
1516 Ninth Street, MS-12 Sacramento, CA 95814
Toll-Free in California: 1-800-822-6228
News Media Please Contact:
Media & Public Communications Office
- Submit e-Comment
- Submit e-Filing
- Documents for this Proceeding
- Exhibit List
- Proof of Service List
- Proof of Service Declaration Form MS Word or PDF
- Search Documents in this Proceeding
- Search All Power Plant Documents